In this document we explain:
- how we collect information about you both directly and indirectly
- what information we collect about you
- the ways in which we may use and share that information; and
- how you can update or access any personal information we hold about you.
- how we store and transmit data about you.
1a. We collect information directly from you when you are asked to provide personal details about yourself, including but not limited to when you:
- purchase products or services from us
- Sign up to an agreement with Verus Solutions for any of our services
- Submit enquiries or contact us.
1b. We collect information indirectly from you when you use the Services, including but not limited to when you:
- Visit our websites, including our Remote Support platform
- Use any of our Managed Internet Services
- Use a Verus Solutions installed firewall
- Call or contact us via any of our supported forms of communication
1c. We collect information about you from other sources, including, but not limited to:
- Credit reference agencies
- Fraud prevention agencies.
. We collect information such as:
- Billing Address
- Installation/Delivery Address
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Products/services that you use or have expressed an interest in purchasing from us
- Your usage of services, including notes relating to specific support incidents
- How you conduct and manage your account with us.
- Credentials for administration of your equipment
3a. We may use and analyse information about you in order to:
- Process your orders with us.
- Supply the products and services that you have ordered.
- Contact you, if necessary.
- Verify that you are an authorised user when reporting a support ticket.
- Arrange for payment of goods or services.
- Inform you of products and services that may be relevant to your needs (eg. Upgrades).
- Assist Crime and Fraud Prevention agencies.
- Assist you with customer service related enquiries (invoice queries, complaints)
- Enhance our suite of services and product offerings.
- Perform research and statistical analysis with anonymised data sets.
- Debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention.
3b. We may disclose your information:
- to our partners, agents and subcontractors (including prospective partners, agents and subcontractors) who are involved in the delivery of providing products or services used or ordered by you.
- to credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings.
- where you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify or suspect fraud.
- where we, or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law.
- in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority.
- during emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk.
- in response to a complaint that that there has been a breach of the Services terms & conditions or any other product or service terms of which you have been notified.
3c. We retain information only as long as we need it. We retain the following information for no less than 6 months and no more than 2 years after your service with Verus Solutions ceases for the purpose of the investigation, detection and prosecution of serious crime:
- Name and address of subscriber to whom an Internet Protocol (IP) address was assigned at the time of a communication when using internet services supplied by Verus Solutions.
- Name and address of a subscriber to whom an email address was assigned at the time of communication.
- Telephone number of the recipient of an Internet Telephony call when using VoIP services supplied by Verus Solutions.
4. We can supply certain types of personal information on request: including but not limited to billing, name and address, aggregated phone usage. Request should be made in writing and include your name, a method of contacting you (ie. Address, Email Address) and proof of your identity, such as a copy of your passport, driving licence or birth certificate – as well as evidence of your address (utility bill or bank statement). We will charge you £10 to cover the administrative cost of supplying the requested information. If we hold any inaccurate information about you, please let us know so that we can remedy this.
We can be reached for these enquiries at:
Verus Solutions Ltd
5. We endeavour to ensure the security of your data at all times.
- Sensitive data, such as usernames and passwords are encrypted at rest using a minimum of 2048 bit RSA keys.
- All Verus Solutions owned portable devices (laptops, tablet, phones) feature full disk encryption and can be remotely wiped.
- BYOD devices can also be remotely wiped by Verus Solutions. Data, such as email is encrypted at rest.
- No commercial/personally identifiable data leaves Verus Solutions offices without first being fully encrypted (minimum of 2048 bit RSA).
- Network segmentation is used to ensure that customer equipment is never joined to the same network as sensitive data.
- Remote support sessions are encrypted using 256-bit AES encryption.
- Hard copy files are stored in a locked cabinet.